2021 YIE Contest
The purpose of this competition is to encourage young people in the APEC region who are interested in starting a business in the field of digital technology to participate. By organizing a team to start a business, the creative ideas will be implemented in practice, and the entrepreneurial knowledge and teamwork spirit will be cultivated. Opinion feedback and counseling are expected to cultivate talents with entrepreneurial spirit in the field of digital technology in the future.
Organizer: Taipei Tech
Instructor: Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Education
- Participants: Students from colleges and universities (including junior college students above the fourth grade, on-the-job full-time students, foreign students), graduates of the past 5 academic years (the current and the first 4 academic years, that is, 104 to 108 academic years) can form a team to sign-up.
- Participating teams: A team of 2 to 4 people, regardless of grade or department, and can form teams across departments and schools.
- Team representative: The participating team must appoint a representative to facilitate follow-up contact with the organizer.
- Team Instructor: Each team instructor is limited to have one instructor the most.
First stage preliminary review
Second stage final
From now until
Ended March 26, 2021 (Friday)
The participating teams are required to fill in the required information (including attachments 1 and 2), together with the “Preliminary Review Summary” and “Entrepreneurship Plan” (see attachment 3), and send it electronically to email@example.com.
Before April 16, 2021 (Friday)
Teams that pass the preliminary review will be notified by email, and the full list of finalists will be announced on the website.
Second stage final
Submit final information
Ended on May 7, 2021 (Fri)
The finalists are requested to send the “Finals Summary” and “Finals Briefing” (see Appendix 4 for instructions) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Finals and awards
May 18, 2021 (Tuesday)
The finals will have an English oral briefing and the judges will answer inquiries. The detailed process of the finals will be announced separately.
(1) Competition process
- The first stage: preliminary review summary and business plan review.
- The second stage: review summary, review briefing and judges’ inquiries.
*Note: The abstract must be written in Chinese and English. The oral presentations and answers to inquiries in the finals will be conducted in English. Please refer to Annex III and IV for the relevant regulations and formats of the plan and presentation.
(2) Theme of the work: There is no limit to the theme, but it must be a creative idea in the field of digital technology application.
(3) Registration for the first stage of preliminary review:
- Participating teams must submit an electronic file of preliminary review materials, including:
1.1 Contest registration form (attachment 1, please scan and send)
1.2 Team cut-off letter (Attachment 2, must be signed in person, please scan and send)
1.3 Documents that can prove the identity of the student (student ID, proof of enrollment, graduation certificate for the past 5 academic years, please scan and send)
1.4 Preliminary review abstract (written in Chinese and English, 300 words each in Chinese and English, see Annex III)
1.5 Entrepreneurship plan (Chinese and English are not restricted, the number of pages is limited to 20 pages, see Annex 3)
- Please send the PDF file to email@example.com before
March 12, 2021 (Friday)March 26, 2021 (Friday), with the subject of the email “APEC Regional Youth Digital Innovation and Entrepreneurship Competition_Preliminary Review Information_Team Name”.
- The organizer will send an email to notify the finalists by
April 9, 2021(Fri)April 16, 2021 (Fri), and the full list of finalists will be announced on the website.
(4) Instructions for the second stage finals:
- The finalists must submit an electronic file of review materials, including:
1.1 Review summary (written in Chinese and English, the number of pages is limited to 2 pages of presentation, see Annex 4)
1.2 Review briefing report (written in English, the number of pages is limited to 25 pages of briefing report, see Annex IV
- Please send the PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org before May 7, 110 (Friday) , with the subject of the email “APEC Regional Youth Digital Innovation and Entrepreneurship Competition_Review Information_Team Name”.
- On the day of the final (May 18, 110), the final team is requested to bring the original signed copy of the team closing letter (Annex 2) to the site for inspection by the organizer.
(1) Jury members: The organizer invites a jury composed of experts in the venture capital industry to conduct the assessment.
(2) Preliminary review: The selection is based on the “Preliminary Review Summary” and “Entrepreneurship Plan” submitted by the participating teams. It is estimated that 10 to 15 teams will be selected to enter the final.
|Review item||Selection criteria||Distribution proportion|
|Innovation||Theme fit, innovative concept||30%|
|Industry and market analysis||Market research, marketing strategy||30%|
|business model||Business model, financial planning||40%|
(3) Final selection: The selection will be based on the “Review Summary” and “Review Briefing” submitted by the final team, as well as the English oral presentation on the day of the final (May 18, 110) and the judges’ answers.
|Review item||Selection criteria||Distribution proportion|
|Innovation||Creative idea, idea value||15%|
|Market feasibility||Market and marketing strategy, business model integrity||30%|
|Developmental||Operational planning, financial planning||20%|
|Team organization||Team lineup, division of work||15%|
|Presentation performance||Spoken language ability, answering inquiries||20%|
2nd place: NT$20,000 and a certificate for each person.
3rd place: NT$10,000 and a certificate for each person.
Merit Award: Three groups, each group NT$5,000 and a certificate for each person.
Most Popular Award: exquisite gifts and a certificate for each person.
- The teams that are shortlisted for the finals will each be issued a certificate of shortlisting.
Notes for participants
- Entries must be created by the participating teams themselves. No ghostwriting, plagiarism or excerpts from any other published or unpublished concepts or works are allowed. If there is any illegal activity such as infringement of intellectual property rights, the organizer will cancel its eligibility for participation and the right to win prizes. The participating teams shall assume relevant rights and responsibilities by themselves.
- If the entries are reported as violating the relevant regulations of this competition and there are specific facts, the organizer will recover their qualifications and rewards.
- The participating teams should respect all the judges’ resolutions and evaluations.
- The relevant intellectual property rights of the participating teams during the competition period are owned by the participating teams, but they must be authorized free of charge to the organizer and instructor for promotion, event records, written and online display of results.
- All the information submitted by the participating team will not be returned after the competition. Teams are responsible for retaining a copy of their work and/or having a backup copy.
- After the registration of the participating team is completed, it agrees to accept and is willing to abide by all the precautions and related regulations of the organizer. If there is any violation, the organizer has the right to cancel the qualification of the team to participate and win the prize.
- If there are unsettled matters during the competition, the organizer reserves the right to amend the relevant rules and regulations of the competition at any time.