APEC Forum on Entrepreneurship for the Future of Work: Accelerating Regional Economic Recovery and Digital Inclusion for Women and Youth in the Post Pandemic Era
The COVID-19 pandemic has severely disrupted the economy and labour markets across the APEC region, with disproportionate impacts on women and youth. During the pandemic, digital economy is increasing, and there is concern that female workers may risk falling further behind in a rapidly changing, tech-driven economy. These transformations will pose both risks and opportunities to women and young entrepreneurs.
To increase digital-related capacity for this changing workforce, preparing and cultivating women and youth in the APEC region to be ready for the post-pandemic job market by building their own businesses that will stand strong even during the pandemic is a prioritized task. The main objectives of this project are to serve as a regional incubation hub and to initiate a digitalized and collaborative network to empower women and young entrepreneurs.
This will be accomplished by showcasing best practices and proposing innovative business solutions in digital fields that will accelerate the inclusive and sustainable recovery and digital inclusion. The main event in this project is a two-day hybrid forum scheduled in November 2022. A start-up contest will also be incorporated into the program to welcome youth with entrepreneurial ideas from all economies to present and consult with successful entrepreneurs.
Day 1 – Forum
- Latest trends of entrepreneurship in the post-pandemic era
- Start-up experience sharing focusing on digital healthcare
- Digital transformation on the format of entrepreneurship for future of work
Day 2 – Forum
- Panel discussion focusing on female entrepreneurship, resources and special supports
- Regional entrepreneurship resources sharing
- Best practices of entrepreneurship programs sharing by other economies
Day 3 – Start-up contest
- Regional youth start-up ideas sharing and evaluation
- Demo pitching with awards
- Networking session with experts/entrepreneurial coaches
- Finance and market opportunities matching
November 16th – 18th 2022
Students / Startup Instructors / Entrepreneurs and Entrepreneurs-to-be Under 30 / Government Officials in Related Sectors
APEC Project Number
HRD 05 2021A